View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Vid 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post The Vid
This was an important discussion, so I'll link directly to the old one.

http://wantmidnaback.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=18

Continue here :) .

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:31 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

C'mon, guys, let's keep this alive! The Vid will hopefully be the big thing that gives our community a growth boom.

Looks like CS is working on the video now, but this is a community project! Try your hand at this particularly special VMG; all you have to remember are a few things:

1) We're using centralservice's music (By the way, would you mind posting a link to that here?)

2) The "quiet" parts of the song are to be left BLANK. That's where the verbal responses are going.

3) To fit with the dynamic air of the song, keep the cutscenes you use both in chronological order, and synchronized to flow with the music.

That's it. Easy stuff. If we have more than one person working on this, even just a part of it, we can pick and choose, and cut up the compilations like an old film. We've been stalling too long! Let's get this out!

And you people who still haven't given verbal responses...what's the bloody holdup, eh? :P These are the most important parts! Take fifteen minutes and record something for us...you don't even have to post it here if you're incredibly self-conscious, just email it to me.

Alright, now let's haul some ass and get this done.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:22 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

C'mon, guys, let's keep this alive! The Vid will hopefully be the big thing that gives our community a growth boom.

That's it. Easy stuff. If we have more than one person working on this, even just a part of it, we can pick and choose, and cut up the compilations like an old film. We've been stalling too long! Let's get this out!

And you people who still haven't given verbal responses...what's the bloody holdup, eh? :P These are the most important parts! Take fifteen minutes and record something for us...you don't even have to post it here if you're incredibly self-conscious, just email it to me.

You never fail to amaze me. What a ringing confidence in things you seem to have. =P

And... fifteen minutes? Sure, but coming up with something to say that's as long will take a while. xD (I know you didn't mean it like that. I think. xP )

It might be that I'm tired, but I didn't understand this fully. ^^;; Oh well, let's see about that tomorrow. *hits the sack*

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:30 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yitik wrote:

You never fail to amaze me. What a ringing confidence in things you seem to have. =P

And... fifteen minutes? Sure, but coming up with something to say that's as long will take a while. xD (I know you didn't mean it like that. I think. xP )

It might be that I'm tired, but I didn't understand this fully. ^^;; Oh well, let's see about that tomorrow. *hits the sack*

All we need is something that's about ten seconds long. Take fifteen minutes to think up what you're going to say, and make sure it sounds the way you want it to sound :) . It's pretty simple, just an MP3 of one or two sentences explaining just why you want Midna back (like the Email responses, only shorter).

And yes, I am quite confident :P . Anyway, gotta get people stoked for this, right? The sooner we get stuff out beyond the online Zelda community, the sooner we'll have a larger one here. I think that's something everyone's looking forward to.

WHAT DO I DO???

Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:46 am
Profile WWW

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

I hope there wasn't anything needed in the link. It says "The topic or post you requested does not exist" for me.

But, I will be giving you a voice recording, which (In my normal, MFF fashion) will include something about Midna digging into the heart of a devout Bungie fan.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:01 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Ah, yeah, all the old boards have been hidden now. Nothing too terribly important in that thread; I just summed it up with my second post. I'll go edit that out though so no one gets confused.

WHAT DO I DO???

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:10 am
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

I might be able to help put it together. It depends...are we just using Windows Movie Maker? Because if we are, I would be glad to help! Just give me directions, and anything else I will need to do it. (By the way...could someone give me a quick rundown on the *style* we are going for?) :D

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 am

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Gee, I should really get started on that...

Actually I'm not too sure on the style, but the general feel seems to be slideshow-esque, with clips from cutscenes during louder parts of the songs and people's recordings during the softer sections. I guess you could say it's supposed to feel emotional, but also hopeful.

And I plan to use Power Director, which is much more Youtube friendly than windows movie maker (not to mention about 100 times better quality). It'll be kind of hard to collaborate on this kind of thing unless you can send me a section as some kind of video file that I can then import into the bigger picture.

I should really get to work on rerecording that song though first.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:54 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

And post it here when you do get that recording, CS. I'm getting psyched up for writing and recording a light keyboard layer.

And we'll probably want the whole video done by one person. If one part of it isn't quite perfect, and someone has an idea to make it better, they can, but when videos are compiled in parts like this, by different people, it could appear choppy with the different styles incorporated. I guess a good cliche (oxymoron :P ) that could be used here is "too many cooks spoil the stew."

WHAT DO I DO???

Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:11 am
Profile WWW

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Meh, true....but I would be happy to give a recording! So like what pics are going to be displayed while we talk? One saying who we are, or Midna pics, or what? (I'm a confused individual :P)

Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next