View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:34 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Interview with Akiko Koumoto 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Interview with Akiko Koumoto
http://www.artsvision.co.jp/data.php?id=563

Akiko was - and hopefully will be again - Midna's voice actress. A little while ago, TO1 found a company site she is affiliated with, and though it didn't have information to directly contact her with, it did give us contact info for the company. So I was thinking...there would be a few things we need to get in order first, but how would you guys feel about trying to get an interview opportunity with Koumoto-san?

First of all, we would probably need a fluent Japanese speaker on-hand. Sentences with more than seven or so words still melt my brain, so we'll need someone else (or wait a few, like, decades, for me to get this screwed up language :P ). This person should also be willing to speak (or at least type with) Koumoto in case she doesn't speak English.

Second, we'd need a fax to contact this company with. I can read enough to know that they don't have an email address :( . Or at least I couldn't find one.

We could ask her about how Midna's voice was created, whether she would be interested in voicing her again, even simply what it takes for someone to voice-act. I'm sure people would have a number of questions they'd want to ask her, so you can post those here as well ;) . Primarily, though, I wanna know if this is a good idea, and if it is, how we'd go about going through with it.

EDIT: If you're looking at this (or any other Japanese webpage) and want to at least see the characters, if you're running Firefox (you should be; Safari and other browsers should be similar) click View -> Character Encoding -> Japanese. That should enable the characters. Note that this apparently doesn't work with IE, since it doesn't come with the ability to view Japanese characters.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:25 am
Profile WWW

Chief of Negotiations

Chief of Negotiations

Post Re: Interview with Akiko Koumoto
Sorry, I didnt get down to this, school and being busy!
So are you saying we have their fax number or are you saying that we need to find it?
I cant do anything japanese, I studied chinese for a year and then gave up, way too much time sucked!

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:19 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yes, Mandarin is insane >.< (I'm taking that that's what you learned). Anyway, we have their phone, fax, and their mail (fax would be faster; phone might be tedious, since we'll probably be answered with "moshi-moshi"). We just don't have their address.

http://www.artsvision.co.jp/overview.php

TEL.03-3375-0481(代)
FAX.03-3375-0845

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:23 pm
Profile WWW

Eternally with Midna

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Man I'd be stoked to interview her, I probably just wouldn't be sure what to ask at first.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:37 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Yeah, it could be useful if we had an interview with her. If she wanted to do it again, that would be awesome :D

Thu May 01, 2008 5:35 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

It would be best if she spoke fluent English, but since we're not sure that she does, we need a Japanophone (yes, I just made up that word). I think redphoenix speaks Japanese, but I'm not sure...he hasn't been around in a while, in any case :( .

WHAT DO I DO???

Thu May 01, 2008 10:09 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Wisdom

Triforce of Wisdom

I'd love if we would be able to set up something like this...

But as has been stated already, we have the small issue of A LANGUAGE BARRIER.

If anyone here knows Japanese... RAISE YOUR HAND. We need this interview. Not only would we get good publicity on video game news sites... But it'd be just flat-out AWESOME.

Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 pm
Profile YIM

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

well, I know someone who is Japanese, but he's my brother's friend, and is going back to Japan at the end of this year, so I don't think he would be able to help that much...

Tue May 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah...well, I just had a very violent conversation with someone in Japanese (he couldn't tell what I was saying, so he was just laughing his ass off while I was waving a dissection utensil threateningly in his face shouting "I'LL KILL YOU! GODDAMMIT, DON'T MOVE! STOP LAUGHING!" in Japanese, trying not to burst into laughter myself XD ), but I don't think I could converse properly with Koumoto-san if she didn't speak English. There's a possibility that she does, though...perhaps we should just contact this company and ask?

If Akiko doesn't speak English, I'd prefer it if we could get someone who both speaks Japanese and is a Midna fan, but...well, we'll take what we can get, if we have to. Keep your bro's friend in mind, LD.

WHAT DO I DO???

Tue May 13, 2008 9:15 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

ok, they SHOULD (I hope) be keeping in contact even once he leaves to Japan.

also... O.O :o :)
hehe...
tell me how to do that, I wanna scream at my friends, and I don't feel like getting in any trouble over a misunderstanding.
oh, random question: how much Japanese do you know Yitik?

BoT: I also know some other Asians, but two of them aren't Japanese, and the other I think is Chinese, but he won't tell anybody, so I don't know for sure.

Tue May 13, 2008 10:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next