View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Verbal Responses 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Verbal Responses
Alright guys, time to step up to the plate. Swallow your pride, put on your game face, shake/break a leg, get it over with, just do it. I think people are avoiding me, or not taking it seriously when I run around and tell everyone to record themselves waxing poetic about Midna for the Vid.

But I am serious. I've already recieved one recording, and I've recorded another, and just from those two I can say it's not something we should avoid! I think it's a good idea, and we need MOAR. Think about what you wrote/will write/should have written for the Mass Email. If you like, use something of yours out of that, or write a couple fresh, new sentences. It doesn't need to be long at all...heck, ten seconds. I'm not asking you to profess your deep, physical, undying love for a video game character, just summarize why you're here trying to bring her back. It's not tough to do, either. You can get very good mics for very cheap nowadays (the "left earphone" thing doesn't work very well, unfortunately, unless you want to go into Audacity and remove a load of noise and make it about a billion times louder), even just borrow a friend's. These schemes, these initiatives...these are really the cream of the crop of why we're here, aren't they? So let's show a little enthusiasm :) .

If I'm right in thinking that people aren't exactly stoked to do this because they're afraid of being recognized, would it help if I posted mine here? I've spoken online dozens of times, and said my alt names to God knows how many people, and no one has made any connections, so you don't have to worry. Just do this little bit for Midna ;) . Just record and host the mp3 on Mediafire, or else email it to me, and your reward will be seeing just how great this Vid turns out when it's finished, and the emotions it'll bring out in its viewers.

Thanks in advance. See you later :) .

OUR EXALTED PARTICIPANTS:

Yitik - It sounds...crazy, but Midna really did reach out to me. That ANY character could have that much depth...I just don't think that should be wasted, because it's not gonna happen again anytime soon. - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9gdpjtjygyt

Silvs - I love every minute of it. I love every minute I spend with her.

DNF - Midna is unique; there isn't a Nintendo character quite like her. Please, Nintendo, bring Midna back. - http://www.mediafire.com/?04vvp02qxn3

DaKing9 - Midna is the best thing to happen to The Legend of Zelda since the magic meter. - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WHH202JD

Flibster - You could say my life was at a bit of a crisis point when I first started playing through Twilight Princess. I lacked a lot of self-confidence and determination at university, so you could say that it was fate that brought me and Midna together. At first I wasn't really sure what to think; she was uniquely different from other characters Nintendo had created in the past, so unlike previous characters in Zelda games: she had a distinct personality, one that actually changed over time. I still didn't know what to make of her, but then something happened: for the first time in my life, I actually broke down when playing. I physically started shedding tears. For the first time in my entire life I developed actual feelings towards a video game character, real feelings, the kind you only experience towards someone you truly love, and this had never happened before in any game. This is the first time I've ever told anyone of my experience. I come across as overly shy and untalkative, so relationships are very hard for me. You can understand going through what I have with Midna, having to lie to friends and family when they ask you what's wrong. My love for Midna will always be hidden from my family and friends, but she will always be in my heart. Please bring her back; she deserves nothing less. - http://www.mediafire.com/?7k1ty4tdzaf

Dratheus - Twilight Princess without Midna is like breakfast without muffins. It just doesn't work. At all. - http://www.mediafire.com/?yztm9btm00n

Yadda - Midna... Is a video game character, yes, we all acknowledge that. But, she transcends what people think of when they think of a video game character. She's someone with an evolving personality, someone that's had a profound effect on people, someone that has truly made a difference both inside and outside Twilight Princess, made a difference in peoples' lives. And that's why she needs to come back. - http://wmb.kg13.com/midna.mp3

Livingdarkness - Midna was a wonderful character. For a video game character to change that much during a game the way she did is just amazing. And when the game was over, and she was gone, I felt like I had lost all contact with a friend- a really good friend, so...please bring her back. - http://www.mediafire.com/?9zigumwis0n

Craptacular - Midna is a fantastic, complex and deeply endearing character, probably the best and most loved new Nintendo character of recent memory. I became extremely attached to her during the course of Twilight Princess, enchanted by her character evolution and the way her relationship with Link developed. I firmly believe that she is more than worthy of a reappearance in the Legend of Zelda series, and that she and Link should meet again, and not have their relationship meet a demise in such a cruel and heartbreaking fashion. Nintendo, please bring her back, she is a fantastic creation and should not be discarded just like that. She's well worth it.
- http://www.mediafire.com/?dqvemsnywic

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:19 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Wisdom

Triforce of Wisdom

I would, but according to a lot of people, my voice sounds stupid. Hell, Chi has a special 'Yadda-voice' he uses to make fun of me. Hell, even I think I sound stupid.

But hey, I'll do it anway.

For you. For me. For MIDNA.

:D

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:32 pm
Profile YIM

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Hey, Yadda, you're a pro with midis. Make it sound like that guy off Saw :P .

(Just kidding)

I'll post my response here when I get home. I know I don't have a stupid voice...I have a very deep, smexy Canadian accent so I could say I love goats and it would still sound awesome :lol: .

...No, I don't love goats... :roll:

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:36 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Wisdom

Triforce of Wisdom

...Please record you saying "I love goats."

That'd be freaking hillarious.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:38 pm
Profile YIM

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

:lol: If we get a whole crapload of good responses for this Vid, I'll reward everyone by recording myself saying "I don't know how many times I've said this before, and I hope I never have to say it again. Get it through your head: I LOVE GOATS!" O.O

OK, here's my response for the Vid. Link should work:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9gdpjtjygyt

But no goats until I see some more!

WHAT DO I DO???

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

It's quite funny that, that seems to be the best way to get us to start recording... Right, beg, steal or borrow, beg, steal or borrow... :P

Don't steal. Just beg or borrow, beg or borrow...

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah...unfortunately it kinda looks like it's come to that O.O . Ah well. Just need to attract peoples' attention; we've got a site now, and we've gotta really get working on this stuff as a community.

WHAT DO I DO???

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:29 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I have found a way. But my voice sounded stupid so I'm re-recording it :P
Is there any specific format you want the file to be? Or is .wav ok? (It works on Windows Media Player)

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I'd prefer MP3, but yeah, .wav is fine :) . Re-record until you're happy with it, so no worries.

WHAT DO I DO???

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

I'll keep thinking of something to say until I have time alone at my house. I'm not recording something while someone else is here. And as far as my voice goes, I believe Cutpurse described it as "Chi doing a crappy southern accent." Something close to that.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 201 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next